[Gmsh] Keeping track of surfaces after geometry reparation

Schwaner, Stephen A sschwaner3 at gatech.edu
Tue Jul 14 23:32:15 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to use Gmsh to mesh geometry imported from an IGES file. It would be very beneficial to me to be able to keep track of surface numbers in the geometry (by finding their order number in the IGES file) and then use these numbers to generate .geo files that will automatically define volumes and mesh them (cutting out the need to pick them by hand using the GUI). This was working until I turned "sew faces" on. I really liked this function because my geometry is complicated, and it really seemed to do a decent job of cleaning it up, but it changed the names/numbers of surfaces in the model. Do you have any suggestions on how to keep track of the changing surface names/numbers?

Thanks,

Stephen