[Gmsh] Adding a surface to define a specific boundary condition

jerome messineo Jerome.Messineo at onera.fr
Wed Aug 19 18:22:49 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am trying to realize a simple mesh based on a combination between a
structured one close to the wall and unstructured for the rest of the
domain. I start with a simple geometry  without any additional circle on
the surface, there is no problem for the 3D mesh generation.

Then I try to add a circle to define a different boundary condition, and
the creation of the 3D elements in the last volume fails (see figure).
The surface edges seem to be correct. I tried to use an interface volume
between the structured and unstructured parts (as mentionned in the
user's manual) using the option QuadTriAddVerts to keep the structured
part intact, with no result.

Is there an evident solution I am missing ? This seems to be a simple
problem so I think I am doing something wrong.

I attach the .geo.

Thanks in advance

Sincerly

Jérôme

PS: I use the 2.8.4 version of gmsh

--
Jérôme Messineo - PhD Student (tel. 6382)
Laboratoire de Propulsion