[Gmsh] Print value of a list item

David Colignon david.colignon at ulg.ac.be
Fri Aug 21 11:08:15 CEST 2015

On 21/08/15 09:51, look wrote:
> Dear gmsh list,
>
> how can I get the value of a list item ( for example heights[5] ) printed in the output window of the gmsh GUI? I tried Printf ( heights[5] ); so far but it didn’t work.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Kate

Hi,

see http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#General-commands

Printf ( char-expression <, expression-list> );

     Prints a character expression in the information window and/or on the terminal. Printf is equivalent to the printf C
function: char-expression is a format string that can contain formatting characters (%f, %e, etc.). Note that all expressions
are evaluated as floating point values in Gmsh (see Expressions), so that only valid floating point formatting characters make
sense in char-expression. See t5.geo, for an example of the use of Printf.

and http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#t5_002egeo

   // We also print some variables on the terminal (note that, since all
   // variables are treated internally as floating point numbers, the format
   // string should only contain valid floating point format specifiers like

   Printf("Hole %g (center = {%g,%g,%g}, radius = %g) has number %g!",
	 t, x, y, z, r, thehole) ;

Regards,

Dave

--