[Gmsh] BREP to GEO

Kyle Hoffman hoffman.kyle.c at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 15:02:06 CEST 2015

Hello,

We are trying to use BRep files so that complicated meshes can be drawn in
a another program (e.g. CAD), but still be used by GMSH.

We are able to load, view and work with the BRep file, but we encountered
one issue. We want to have some control of the amount of elements generated
in the mesh. When drawing in GMSH this is done using the Prescribed Mesh
Element Size at Point. When using a converted BRep file the geo file does
not have a list of points to modify this value (it just shows
"fileName.brep"). How is this Element Size value handled when converting
from a BRep to a geo file and is there any way to change this using GMSH?

Thanks,
Kyle