[Gmsh] conformal mulitregion meshing from commandline +step file import

Anan Im ananim343297 at yandex.com
Sun Oct 25 10:40:54 CET 2015

Hi everybody,
as to my knowledge gmsh is capable of "conformal" meshing from command line: For example with Justin Blacks pycalculix  on http://justinablack.com/pycalculix/ one can use gmsh for it, in this case in a way, where the meshing functions are written into the .geo file - beneath the cad functions.
On the other hand there are scripts that export step files for meshing to gmsh, using its command line interface. Already I experimented with exporting a so called compound - but did not succeed in terms of conformal meshing by now.

Which leads to the question:
Can not one communicate the meshing functions (Mesh.*) from/through the command line, if geometry is imported from a cad program, lets say in step format, anything different from geo?

I might express that I will be very thankful (and not only mine) if there gets (known) a non interactive conformal meshing interface to the open source world.
So if you can exclude that there is a way, which would be a valuable information in itself btw, would you put this as "feature request" on the list of future development?

Thanks in advance