[Gmsh] conformal mulitregion meshing from commandline +step file import

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Tue Oct 27 13:07:52 CET 2015

Hi,

the mesh in the picture in the post http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10846&sid=2d71e90e5bc6cb707fb96796681a84ca&start=10#p103981 looks conformal, but if I open it in gmsh, it looks loke a single body. In the picture in the post http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10846&sid=2d71e90e5bc6cb707fb96796681a84ca&start=20#p103993 is not conformal at the interface.
By "conformal" I mean that the triangles and nodes on both touching faces are the same. Only then you can have heat or current flow between bodies. If the OCC functions for connecting/sewing faces work only for flat faces as suggested in the thread you cite, they are next to useless since curved faces occur in 3D. It seems that at the moment only Salomé can sew such faces - but AFAIK Salomé uses OCC also, so there must be a way...

Matthias