[Gmsh] mesh volumes connected by one surface in one volume

vincent doyeux vdoyeux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 13:20:58 CET 2015

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a way to connect two volumes having one surface
in common but the surfaces are defined by different points.
To be more clear, I wrote an example,  see attached geo.

These are two cylinders connected by surfaces having the exact same
location and area but the surfaces are defined by different points.

The only way I found to mesh the whole solid is to create two volumes (one
in each cylinder). Doing so needs automatically to the creation of a
surface between the cylinders that I don't want to handle later in my PDE
solver.

Is there a way to mesh the hole domain at once?

thanks
Vincent