[Gmsh] double nodes and double edges in "compound" mesh

Anan Im ananim343297 at yandex.com
Mon Nov 9 09:03:17 CET 2015

Hi,

regard this quote:
>writing an elmer mesh.* files in FreeCAD-Python (2D-mesh was imported previously from gmsh via .unv into freecad)
it came to some problems.
>However found that at the interboundary (and only there) there are double nodes and double edges. (see colored items in example picture below)
http://www.elmerfem.org/forum/download/file.php?id=2386&sid=27a47d6d23470056eb7be4668c9f7850

The mesh was created by this command line:
#/usr/bin/gmsh /tmp/tmpNO2czv.step -2 -format unv -o /tmp/Compound018_Mesh.unv -algo netgen -optimize -string "Geometry.OCCSewFaces=1;"

.whereas the step file is an occ compound.
The answer from the solver side is to remodel the mesh and thereby eliminate the double nodes and elements for example with python. Thing that is possible, though.
The downside is that is troublesome and probably run time slow, I mean hacking everything with python oneself.

Question:
-Is the a way in gmsh to get rid of these (that is imported as an occ compound step file) doubles.
-Anyway: what would you recommend?
Tia