[Gmsh] Could not open file 'intersect.pos'

taco_broerse at yahoo.co.uk taco_broerse at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 2 09:37:38 CET 2015

Dear all,
I have a problem with intersecting surfaces. I have a fairly complicated geometry, using a lot of ruled surfaces, and I would like to inspect where the intersecting happens.
Error   : Self intersecting surface mesh, computing intersections (this could take a while)Info    : 5 intersecting faces have been saved into 'intersect.pos'Error   : Could not open file 'intersect.pos'
However, there is no 'intersect.pos' file, as can also be seen from the error message. If I run from command line I do not get this error, but in that case I'm not sure how to inspect visually where the problem occurs.
Kind regards,
Taco Broerse