[Gmsh] save mesh with geo file

Robert Funnell robert.funnell at mcgill.ca
Fri Dec 11 04:49:48 CET 2015

On Wed, 9 Dec 2015, David Colignon wrote:

> On 08/12/15 18:19, Bernd Hahnebach wrote:

>>  again the content of femmesh.geo:
>>
>>  Merge "box.step";  // some simple box
>>  Mesh.Format = 2
>>  Mesh.SaveAll = 1
>>  // some line to save the unv file ?
>

> Hi,
>
> use:
>
> Save "mymesh.unv";
>
> see
> https://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#index-Save-char_002dexpression_003b

I'm confused. I interpreted this as meaning that, if I added a Save
command to the end of my .geo file, then the 3-D mesh would
automatically be written out after it was created. This didn't
happen when I tried it.

I'm also confused about 2 statements in gmsh.html. On the one hand, in
6.3 it says 'The actual mesh "actions" ... cannot be specified in the
script files.' On the other hand, in 6.3.3 it says that the 'Mesh
expression;' command 'Generates expression-D mesh'. These 2 statements
seem to be contradictory. What am I missing?

Thanks.

- Robert