[Gmsh] Fwd: STEP to .geo conversion problem

teobo ananim343297 at yandex.com
Sat Dec 19 01:30:05 CET 2015

Hi Bernd,
>  What is a Physical entity?

guess it is a node that is a topo point and a body point as well.
Guess it is about double nodes and double cell edges.
So control the clean conversion of compound step to geo - is nicer then cleaning up the whole doubles afterwards, if at all.
..

18.12.2015, 22:06, "Bernd Hahnebach" <gmsh at b75.ch>:
>>   Hello. It would be nice to be able to define the Physical entities in
>>   FreeCAD and have them recognized by Gmsh, but I don't know how to do that.

>>   What I do from FreeCAD is export each physical surface as a separate BRep
>>   file and merge them in Gmsh and define the contained volume there. Not
>>   ideal, but this works.
He, he I like juggling faces. But do not really understand the advantage over just exporting merged compounds?

Regards