[Gmsh] Exporting only physical mesh

Ganesh Diwan gcdiwan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 13:25:39 CET 2015

> So you got for one spot more than one node?-

No - I did not check if at one physical location if I have more than one
node. Sorry but I am not sure what you mean by detection method.

> -which was the export format?

I am exporting it in standard Gmsh .msh format.

you say you want the true mesh, the physical mesh. So "physical" means that
> it mixture of body, boundary and pure mesh information.

When I created a mesh, without doing Geometry -> Physical Groups
->Add->Surface, I only had a 'Elementry entity' of the surface. So, when I
exported the mesh, I could see that there are nodes which are in $Nodes
section but are not part of the finite element connectivity in $Elements
section. In fact these extra nodes were created at the exact physical
locations where I had specified the points to define a B-spline bounding
line. Nothing wrong with this except I do not need these nodes for my FE
program. Specifying a physical group as above however enables the export of
only those nodes that "belong" to the physical surface - exactly what I
need.

Hope this helps

Ganesh