[Gmsh] best large dataset post-processing method

behram kapadia wiowou at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 29 09:40:19 CET 2015

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for providing such a wonderful tool. I'm grateful that such a capable tool is available as an open source project.

I would like to use gmsh to post-process larger datasets (> 1 million nodes, >100 time points). The format of the View post-processing command is appealing, but it doesn't appear to be available as a binary format. Am I correct in that assumption?

What is the most efficient manner in which to supply gmsh with transient result data? Is it possible to put that data into separate files? Should I use the $NodeData section of the msh file, and if so, can the $NodeData sections appear in separate files?

Thank you,

Behram