[Gmsh] RE (no subject)

jean pierre aubry jeanpierre at lamachine.fr
Fri Jan 8 11:25:05 CET 2016

> I’m very new to GMSH and have some questions about functions in GMSH.
>
> I know how to generate Points with the help of a for-loop.
>
> Now I want to connect these points with a line.
>
> If I’m trying to do this with an if-loop, it connects only the first
> point with other points.
>
> E.g. Point 1 with Point 2, Point 1 with Point 3 and so on.
>

> I want to have  a Connection between Point 1 and Point 2, Point 2 and
> Point 3,
>
> Point 3 and Point 4 and so on.
>

> Does anyone know how it is possible to generate this in a for-loop?

No, but it can be done outside Gmsh by generating the .geo input file
in another scripting language, like AWK.

http://www.geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2011/006129.html

http://www.geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2013/008332.html

i completely disagree with Geordie!!
it can be done,
send me your file i will append it as an example !!

--
jean pierre aubry
jeanpierre[at]lamachine.fr