[Gmsh] Conformal mesh on two parts

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Mon Jan 11 14:07:55 CET 2016

Hi,

I did not check your stl files. However, if there are duplicated surfaces, gmsh cannot resolve those except for very simple cases. Check "Tools->Options->Geometry->General->Cut and merge faces" before merging the stl files into gmsh . If that doesn't work, you can export your stl shapes as geo, remove the duplicated faces manually and rebuild the volumes. This could be tedious depending on the complexity of your geometry.
AFAIK Salomé is the only free tool which can repair duplicated faces in many cases (it also has difficulties with some cases of curved surfaces, however). You have to make a partition from your geometry, see http://www.elmerfem.org/elmerwiki/index.php?title=Multiple_bodies_from_Salome_to_Elmer for some hints.

HTH,

Matthias