[Gmsh] 3D cantilever beam using Gmsh

Maimouna may78may at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 28 11:48:19 CET 2016

Dear all gmsh users,

I'm not confident with meshing using Gmsh, so I need your help please to use gmsh to mesh my case. My case is 2D and 3D cantilever beam. From the 2D case (picture attached), I need to extrude the surfaces to get 3D case (similar to attached one but different parameters). I already started 2D case using gmsh, but I'm still in doubt what I'm doing is correct, so I need your help regarding that. I'll give you brief explanation to my case, in my case there are these physical surfaces (inlet, outlet, top, bottom, front, back, cylinder, and plate). I'm struggling to define that because I'm not sure if my surfaces definitions are correct. I hope my explanation are enough to give me your feedback. Help me please to complete my meshing I need that for OpenFOAM.

Kind regards

Maimouna