[Gmsh] detect negative jacobians

Bernd Hahnebach gmsh at b75.ch
Wed Mar 30 07:30:12 CEST 2016

Thanks Christophe!

I got the problem of the high order meshes by reading a big part of
the paper. :-) :-)  Is there any user documentation or an example how
to use the HighOrderTools around?

Just to get it the right way done. How does it work in the gui?

- Load the geometry (in my case a BRep)
- make the adjustments on Tools --> Options --> Geometry and Mesh -->
one of them is 2nd order mesh
- In GMSH Tree press Mesh 1D, 2D, 3D
- on 3D I get negative Jacobians if the mesh order in options is set to two
- do not use any optimization, do not use the order buttons (mesh is
2nd order already)
- open HighOrderTools
- Generate 2nd order vertices
- Regularize with given values

- Or do I have to start with a 1st order mesh and use Generate 2nd
order vertices on a 1st order mesh?
- Should any of the optimizations be done before the HighOrderTools?

kind regards bernd