[Gmsh] OneLab VirtualBox or individual components?

Todd Pierce toddcpierce at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 16:53:53 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I like this idea that gmsh, elmer and getdp are all getting bundled
together into OneLab.  That's really helpful for people like me who are
armchair scientists and barely know what we're doing.

So, naturally, at some point I want to install OneLab.  My question is,
should I really go for this VirtualBox installation where it's all one huge
thing or should I just install the components and get them working together
myself?

I'm pretty good at Linux system administration so I don't think it would
blow my mind to configure them individually, but if, say, these software
components are constantly being upgraded or if OneLab is held together with
Scotch tape and dental floss, maybe the VirtualBox installation is better.

I ask since I'd rather not install VirtualBox, but if I have to I'll do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Todd