[Gmsh] info on nodes and cells neighbours

Alessandro Vicini alessandro.vicini at sitael.com
Thu Apr 14 15:07:26 CEST 2016

Hullo everybody,

I’m using Gmsh to generate 3D tetrahedral meshes. My question is: for a given mesh, is it possible to know (in advance) the maximum number of node neighbours (i.e. all the nodes which share an edge with a given node) and of cell neighbours (i.e. the cells which share at least on node with a given cell)?
These numbers vary from mesh to mesh, what I would like to know is if it is possible to obtain them from Gmsh, or if it is possible to know in general their maximum values which possibly depends on the meshing algorithm. Thank you.

Alessandro