[Gmsh] R: Use a previously constructed .msh as a surface

benjamin JEANTY-RUARD ruard at artenum.com
Wed Apr 20 13:49:49 CEST 2016

Hello Alessandro,

The mesh to geo exporter can be used in several contexts.

First, during the import of geometry from an external Gmsh format, the
import can be made by tessellation. In Gmsh, it seems to be not possible
to edit .msh file. If you use the mesh to geo exporter, then you can
edit your geometry and then re-generate a Gmsh .msh file.

Secondly, in the context described by Matt in this mail, you can use the
mesh to geo exporter to generate a .geo Gmsh file from a .msh Gmsh file.
Then, you can build a surface loop and finally build a volume in the
generated .geo Gmsh file.

To finish, we use the mesh to geo exporter to build a lunar ground from
cloud of points
(http://eprints.lancs.ac.uk/75933/1/SPISDUST_IEEE_2014_Ver2.pdf &
http://eprints.lancs.ac.uk/72683/1/SPIS_DUST_SCTC.pdf )

Regards,

Benjamin

On Wed, 2016-04-20 at 09:46 +0000, Alessandro Vicini wrote:

> Hullo Benjamin,
>
> in general you start from a .geo file to generate the corresponding .msh. So when is it useful for you to do the inverse process? Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alessandro

Benjamin JEANTY-RUARD