[Gmsh] gmsh 2.12.0 : gmshpy : installation directory

Fabien Rozar fabien.rozar at umontpellier.fr
Wed Apr 27 11:02:56 CEST 2016

Hello,

I am a postdoc at LMGC in Montpellier with Frédéric Dubois as advisor. For
some user case of our software, LMGC90, we use the python module 'gmshpy'.

In order to use it on a new computer, I need to install it. I downloaded the
source of gmsh 2.12.0 from the web page :
http://gmsh.info/

Before the compilation, I configured the generation of 'gmshpy' with :
$ cd build
$ cmake -DENABLE_WRAP_PYTHON=ON .../gmsh-2.12.0-source
$ make

The module 'gmshpy' is well build under 'build/wrappers/gmshpy'.

The point is that, after the installation step :
$ sudo make install

the directory 'build/wrappers/gmshpy' is copied in '/usr/local' whereas
this directory is not part of python default search directories :
$ python -c "import sys; print '\n'.join(sys.path)"
/usr/lib/python2.7
/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-x86_64-linux-gnu
/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk
/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old
/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7

Question : Could you provide a release where the directory 'build/wrappers/gmshpy' is installed (copied)
in one of the python default search directories?

(the directory '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages' seems to be the more suitable)

Best regards,
ROZAR Fabien