[Gmsh] High order visualization

Jean-François Remacle jean-francois.remacle at uclouvain.be
Wed May 4 16:53:02 CEST 2016

Le 27 avr. 2016 à 21:55, Jesse Chan <jchan985 at gmail.com<mailto:jchan985 at gmail.com>> a écrit :

Hi
I've been using the high order visualization properties of GMSH (specifying $InterpolationScheme) for hybrid meshes consisting of both prisms and tetrahedra.  However, if the prisms are not affine, I've noticed that the visualizations are discontinuous across a prism-tet interface.  This does not happen for meshes with tetrahedra and affine wedges, nor if I use a hand-rolled VTK visualization.

Have you tried to you use adaptive viewing with a negative error ?

JF

Is this due to the non-affine prism?  Do I need to specify also an interpolation scheme and "list-of-coords" for non-affine wedges to take care of,  and if so, is there an example anywhere on the web?

Thanks!

Best
- Jesse

<Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 3.25.50 PM.png>
<Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 3.25.59 PM.png>
gmsh mailing list
gmsh at onelab.info<mailto:gmsh at onelab.info>

Prof. Jean-Francois Remacle
Universite catholique de Louvain (UCL)
Ecole Polytechnique de Louvain (EPL) - Louvain School of Engineering
Institute of Mechanics, Materials and Civil Engineering (iMMC)
Center for Systems Engineering and Applied Mechanics (CESAME)
Tel : +32-10-472352 -- Mobile : +32-473-909930