[Gmsh] make a hexa second order mesh out of a hexa first order mesh

Bernd Hahnebach gmsh at b75.ch
Wed May 11 14:10:27 CEST 2016

More informations in this regard ...

- open file b5__hexa8_coarse.msh
- in GMSH Tree click on Mesh --> Set order 2
- Menue Tools --> Options --> Mesh --> Visibility --> activate Nodes
- It seams we have got a second order mesh ?!

- Menue Tools --> Visibility --> Numeric --> click on hide elements
(put in * before) --> click on show elements (put in 50 before)
- screen is attached --> it really seams to be a hexa20 mesh

- save as msh --> reload --> still a hexa20 mesh
- save as unv --> reload --> no hexa20 mesh, it is a  hexa8 mesh

Could it be hexa20 ist not supported in GMSH unv export ?? Could
someone else give more informations in this regard?

GMSH 2.12.0

kind regards bernd