[Gmsh] Mesh to geometry converter

Nicolas Chabalier chabalier at artenum.com
Tue May 17 11:51:52 CEST 2016

Dear all,

Following the question of Mr. Matt Covalt regarding the conversion of a mesh
file to an equivalent geometry file
(http://onelab.info/pipermail/gmsh/2016/010503.html)
we propose to the community the tool we have developed at Artenum to address
this issue called MeshToGeo.

MeshToGeo converts each mesh element (i.g. point, line, face and linear
tetrahedron) into equivalent geometrical elementary entities. The conversion
of physicals is also supported.

The current version of MeshToGeo is compliant with the Gmsh format 2.2.

MeshToGeo is available for Linux 64 bits, OSX, Windows 32 bits and 64 bits.
The tool and its source code are available from the Artenum web page :
http://dev.artenum.com/projects/MeshToGeo/.

In the interest of the community, do you think it may be judicious to add a
physical filter option to convert only the interesting physicals in
geometry?
And, in the case where the input mesh is a volume mesh, is it preferable to
define a volume by tetrahedron (as currently) or rather to define only one
volume based on all the outside faces of the volume mesh?

Feel free to contact us at contact at artenum.com, on the MeshToGeo forum
http://dev.artenum.com/projects/MeshToGeo/forum/ or on the bug tracker
available at http://dev.artenum.com/projects/MeshToGeo/bugTracker/.
If you have any question, remark, bug, enhancement or anything else that
you
want to share with us.

We hope that this tool can be useful for some of you,

Best Regards,
The Artenum Team

--
Nicolas Chabalier