[Gmsh] About the correct definition of the background field to combine size fields

Julien Genée julien.genee at ensma.fr
Wed May 18 08:56:37 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

I have a model that consists of several non-geometrical volumes
(complex, not cubes or shperes..). There are some volumes for which I
would like to set the target element size. For that purpose, I used the
MathEval size field by specifying a constant expression (equal to the
element size that I want) for the regions of interest.
The problem is the definition of a correct Background Field. Indeed, if
I use Min, Max or MinAniso, I don't get good results since the element
size will be the same for all the mesh..
Is there a way to combine the size fields to solve my problem ?

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

--
Julien GENEE
--

ENSMA - Téléport 2, 1 avenue Clément Ader, BP 40109
F86961 FUTUROSCOPE CHASSENEUIL Cedex

E-mail: julien.genee at ensma.fr

Tel: +33(0)5 49 49 82 15

AIR-BEAR, Love at first sight.