[Gmsh] SICN vs. Eta

Kurt Aikens Kurt.Aikens at houghton.edu
Tue Jun 14 14:35:56 CEST 2016

Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding SICN (one of the metrics given in Tools-Statistics): is it the same as Eta? I have seen Eta mentioned in past messages and it is mentioned in the documentation (i.e., eta ~ volume^(2/3) / sum_edge_length^2) along with the metrics Gamma and Rho. However, I have not seen Eta in the software. If Eta and SICN are not the same, what is the proportionality scaling for SICN? I am trying to get an understanding of its geometric meaning.

Thank you,

Kurt