[Gmsh] Quadrangular mesh with flat faces from ruled surface

Felix Salazar felix.a.salazar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 20:13:38 CEST 2016

You mean a ruled surface that isn't flat itself?

Recombine the mesh for that surface to get the quads. And pay attention to
specify 1st order elements in the mesh options. If you want structured
quads, check the documentation and the tutorials to get the transfinite
lines and surfaces.

You should get a non-planar surface with flat first order elements.

Hope this helps
On Jul 7, 2016 7:32 AM, "Julien ERCOLANELLI" <