[Gmsh] Problem with Boundary Layer around 2D airfoil with sharp trailing edge

DILASSER Guillaume Guillaume.DILASSER at cea.fr
Tue Jul 12 09:06:43 CEST 2016

Hello Ashish,

You can add to the BoundaryLayer definition the property “Field[1].FanNodesList = {1,n} ;” to get rid of the weird behavior of the mesh around the tips of the foil. Somehow, the 2D blossom recombination algorithm does not like when you do that so replace it with the standard one using “Mesh.RecombinationAlgorithm = 0 ;”. Both modifications are done in the enclosed file. Finally, you may want to increase the mesh density at the front of the foil to better match the geometry there.

Sincerely Yours,

Guillaume DILASSER
Doctorant SACM / LEAS
CEA - Centre de Saclay - Bât.123 - PC 319c
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex - France -

guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr<mailto:guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr>