[Gmsh] Error when exporting to .CGNS : Duplicate child name found: Patch_0001

Blais, Bruno Bruno.Blais at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Jul 13 17:54:12 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

I have been using gmsh for quite a while now, but never with the CGNS file format. Whenever I try to export as a CGNS, I get a weird error:

Error detected by CGNS library
Duplicate child name found: Patch_0001 (where Patch_0001 is the name of a boundary condition group I selected)

This problem is intermittent, sometimes it does not happen when the mesh is coarser or finer. When I visualize the result in cgnsview, I can clearly see that one point (or node) is missing on the boundary condition on which the error appeared. I tried to look online and on this mailing list and I could not find an answer to this issue. I know the CGNS exporter is in Alpha (since a large while it seems) and is not officially supported, but I was wondering if any of you had a solution.

Best regards,
BB

-----
Bruno Blais, M. Sc.
Agent de recherche, Simulation et modélisation numérique
Automobile et transport de surface
Conseil national de recherches Canada  / Gouvernement du Canada
75, boul. de Mortagne, Boucherville (Québec), J4B 6Y4, Canada
bruno.blais at cnrc-nrc.gc.ca / Tél. : 450-641-5377

Research officer, Simulation and Numerical Modeling
Automotive and Surface Transportation
National Research Council Canada / Governement of Canada
75, boul. de Mortagne, Boucherville (Québec), J4B 6Y4, Canada
bruno.blais at cnrc-nrc.gc.ca / Tel: 450-641-5377