[Gmsh] png export problems with compounds

Martin Kraska martin.kraska at th-brandenburg.de
Mon Jul 18 10:26:43 CEST 2016

Hi,

In the attached script I try to save a png screenshot of the surface mesh of a part with compound surfaces. The file gmshVT.png is created from within the script (Save command), the file gmshVTi.png is created after running the script interactively via Menu> Save As.

Obviously the script-generated png shows both the original and the compound surfaces including their meshes, while the interactive plot conceiles the original surface meshes.

Without this png I even would not have guessed that the original surfaces have a mesh at all. My naive assumption was that once a compound is formed, the original surfaces are ignored/suppressed/deleted or whatever. This doesn't seem to be true.

What can I do in order to produce the same plot which I get interactively from within a script? Is there sort of refresh/redraw/update screen command? Any help is welcome. Thanks,

Martin