[Gmsh] set different order to different region of structure

Nan Li linan88433189 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 19:35:11 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

I met a problem seems pretty simple but have bothered me for two days.

I have a structure constructed with beam and plate. So I want to use 1d
element (for the beam) and 2d element (for of plate) at the same time in
gmsh. As I have already programed in matlab an element 1d (order 1) with 2
nodes and an element 2d with 8 nodes (order 2), I want to use them
directly. Then I find it difficult in gmsh to set different order to
different region of my structure. If I use Mesh.ElementOrder =2;
Mesh.SecondOrderIncomplete
= 1, then the 1d element will have 3 nodes. If I delete these lines, the 2d
element will have 4 nodes.

Does anyone have any idea on this question?

Thank you very much.

By the way, I use  gmsh 2.8.5 and the file .geo is in the attachment. This
is only a simplified exemple of my structure. There is only three cells in
this exemple and I plan to have 50 cells in x direction and 30 in y
direction.

--
Li Nan
Doctorante