[Gmsh] redundant nodes when using transfinite

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Tue Sep 20 20:13:59 CEST 2016

> On 20 Sep 2016, at 14:53, Thomas Unfer <thomas.unfer at laposte.net> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I am new to this list, so first how all greetings to everybody.
> I am trying to mesh two adjacent boxes with hexaedra using transfinite (.geo attached) plus a few surfaces to apply different boundary conditions in my solver.
> The meshing goes alright and the cells are (visually) conforming.
> However in the .msh file the physical surfaces and volumes rely on different point ids which makes it impossible to retrieve proper connectivity. I tryed Coherence but it did no good. Does any one has any clue how to fix this?

Your additional surfaces (e.g. surface 26) are not topologically connected to the volumes: the quadrangles on the surfaces will thus be completely independent of the hexahedra in the volumes.

With recent nightly builds you could use "Coherence Mesh;" to glue the mesh back together after the fact, i.e., end your script with

Mesh 3;
Coherence Mesh;
Save "mymesh.msh";

Not super elegant, but that should do the trick...