[Gmsh] a problem about the node ordering

Nan Li linan88433189 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 11:04:01 CET 2016

Hello everyone,

I met a problem about the node ordering. I use typical 4 nodes rectangle
element and I find in some region of my mesh the element is not ordering by
the typical style
3-----------2
|               |
|               |
|               |
0-----------1
but
2-----------1
|               |
|               |
|               |
This leads to singularity of my Jacobian matrix.
For example, element 2358 (2225 2226 2235 2234) in the document .msh.

I have checked the normal direction of my surface and there is no problem.

Thank you very much.

Li Nan
Doctorante
Laboratoire Roberval
Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France
Email: nan.li at utc.fr