[Gmsh] Creating a solid .stl file from a .geo

Vignesh Rajendiran vickky2508 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 10:16:54 CET 2016

Hello everyone,

         I was trying to create a solid stl block from the geo file.
Somehow the plane surface command was not working for spline surfaces. So I
used a line loop to connect all the points and then I finally created a
surface.

Line Loop(1001) = {1000:1199};

Plane Surface(1201)={1001};

Extrude {0, 0, 0.5} {
  Surface{1201};
}

Then I converted this into an stl file using

gmsh circle.geo -2 -o cylinder.stl

When I tried to view the stl file in paraview it was showing an error like
the following

line 461
vtkSTLReader (0x3ccd6a0): STLReader: error while reading file
/home/vignesh/Desktop/cylinder.stl at line 2: unable to read outer loop.

Please guide me to figure out the problem guys.

Thank you

Vignesh