[Gmsh] latest release not meshing

Brett Sanders bsanders at uci.edu
Mon Jan 30 21:32:13 CET 2017

Hello,

This weekend I tested out gmsh for the first time and was really
impressed. I downloaded v 2.16.0 from the mac, and ran it on my laptop
using OS X 10.11.6.

This morning, I came into my office and installed gmsh v. 2.16.0-svn on
my desktop computer (OS X 10.9.5), and the software crashes every time I
try to make a 2D mesh.

I am using a very simple input file, which is pasted below.

I would appreciate any help you can provide. I noticed that I'm using a
diferent version of gmsh (2.16.0-svn vs. 2.16.0), and I wonder if that's
a key issue.

Thank you,

-Brett

//Inputs
gridsize1 = 2; //Specifies mesh resolution
gridsize2 = 10; //Specifies mesh resolution

//Points that constrain the mesh

Point(1) = {1.4, 0.1, 0, gridsize1};
Point(2) = {100, 0, 0, gridsize2};
Point(3) = {100, 50, 0, gridsize2};
Point(4) = {0, 50, 0, gridsize1};

//Lines that will constrain the mesh geometry

Line(5) = {1, 2};
Line(6) = {2, 3};
Line(7) = {3, 4};
Line(8) = {4, 1};

Line Loop(9) = {5, 6, 7, 8}; //exterior loop

Plane Surface(10)={9};

Brett F. Sanders, Ph.D
Professor and Chair, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Professor, Department of Planning, Policy and Design
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-2175
sanders.eng.uci.edu
floodrise.uci.edu