[Gmsh] (no subject)

Todd Pierce toddcpierce at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 18:23:26 CET 2017

Hi All,

I am in the process of learning how to use OneLab.  I have a slight grip on
creating geometry and meshing and am now looking for examples of actually
using GetDP.  The reason I am posting this message is that I am already
realizing the examples I am looking for are pretty sparse on the Internet.

There are a couple reasons they are sparse:

= What's out there is complex!!  Seriously, I am a beginner here.  I cannot
handle something like magnetic fields.  I think starting with something
like the thermal conduction simulations is probably the simplest but I'm
not even sure what simplicity means in this world of multi-physics
simulation.

= As others may know, the whole point of my pursuing this software is for
another piece of software to use it.  I am therefore constrained by
commands that can be piped (or typed) through the interface.cpp command
line interface.  So, any example that involves "clicking" here or
"selecting" there is less likely to help me out in this endeavor.

Is there something like a metal bar that is hot on one end?  A bar being
bent?  These other phenomena like magnetism and antennas look fun, but are
there perhaps examples a cave person could comprehend?

As always, I appreciate everybody helping me out with my attempt at
educating myself.

-Todd