[Gmsh] Unable to create 3D mesh

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Tue Feb 28 22:47:46 CET 2017

> On 28 Feb 2017, at 22:33, Christophe Geuzaine <cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be> wrote:
>

> See attached corrected file and comments therein. Basically:
>
> 1) embedded lines/surfaces are not a substitute for correct topology! they are only provided to embed 0D/1D/2D meshes in 1D/2D/3D ones (not e.g. 1D in 1D, or 2D in 2D, or 3D in 3D)
>
> 2) to do the intersections automatically you will want to use the new SetFactory("OpenCASCADE") mode in recent nightly builds, and the "BooleanFragments" operation. See gmsh/demos/boolean for examples (there is no official documentation yet).

PS : here's how your geometry could be defined using the new tools:

SetFactory("OpenCASCADE");
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthMin = 2;
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthMax = 2;
Block(1) = {0,0,0, 64,60,40};
Cylinder(2) = {2,0,3, 2,60,3, 1};
Cylinder(3) = {2,0,18, 2,60,18, 1};
Cylinder(4) = {62,32,40, 62,32,0, 1};
v() = BooleanFragments{ Volume{1}; Delete; }{ Volume{2,3,4}; Delete; };