[Gmsh] Optimizing node ordering for pre-made mesh

Ryan Woodall rwoodall at utexas.edu
Mon Mar 27 21:42:06 CEST 2017

Hello all,

I have a geometrically complex domain which I have generated from a very
large, high-resolution image mask. The other program I used is more
intuitive for generating this mesh, but the ordering of the nodes is
sub-optimal, with very large matrix bandwidth. Is there a command in gmsh
which will better optimize the node-ordering? This will help in two ways:
improve solve-time and allow for better partitioning for parallel solving
algorithms. I have multiple boundary conditions which I have assigned, and
ideally I'd like to not lose those during the optimization step.

Thank you for the help!

Ryan Woodall