[Gmsh] surface meshes and intersecting volumes

Blackwood, Jay Jay.Blackwood at amd.com
Sat Apr 8 19:50:02 CEST 2017

I am attempting to produce a surface mesh of a shape that is a composite of intersecting volumes.  When I mesh it in 2D I always end up with the mesh triangles for the surfaces that touch and are inside the composite volume.  For example, if I take two cubes and stack them I end up with a mesh of the "hidden" surfaces that touch.  Another way to say this is that I want to "union" these volumes before I mesh.

I've been through the documentation and haven't found what I need yet.  Is there a simple command or option I'm missing?