[Gmsh] Converting 2d to 3d mesh

DILASSER Guillaume Guillaume.DILASSER at cea.fr
Thu Apr 27 08:39:01 CEST 2017

Dear Siming,

I can’t think of a reason why CreateTopology would not work on you model. You should probably share your STL file with the mailing list so that we can experiment with it.

In the process of tutorial 13, the size of the mesh element is dictated by a MathEval field, which may override the length you specified through Mesh.CharacteristicLengthMin, but I am not sure of that. Anyway, you should (if not already done) change the line Field[1].F = “<mesh_characteristic_length>” to set up the mesh element size. Note that the quotation marks are mandatory as the command expects to read a string.

Faithfully Yours,

Guillaume DILASSER
Doctorant SACM / LEAS
CEA - Centre de Saclay - Bât.123 - PC 319c
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex - France -

guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr<mailto:guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr>