[Gmsh] boolean partitioning

andrew armitatz at gmail.com
Tue May 2 19:57:34 CEST 2017

hi,

In Salome which uses the opencascade model there is a Boolean operation
called partition. With this you can create a solid from two others but with
a shared face. A usage of that is the creation of meshes with internal
walls in it with zero thickness aka 'baffles'. Is there a procedure in gmsh
that can give the same results given that it has implemented the same
opencascade model? Obviously there is a way to have such results if you
give the precise geometry but sometimes it is very difficult to cut
geometries and it is easier if gmsh could do that.

Attached is an image of a mesh with internal baffles created with
partitioning and the geometry that created it. I would prefer t if gmsh
could do the meshing but I haven't found a way to load the geometry to gmsh
from Salome.

kind regards

Andrew