[Gmsh] boolean partitioning

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Wed May 3 10:14:20 CEST 2017

Hi,

I would also be interested in that functionality. It would resolve the old “duplicated surfaces” problem that forced me (and others) to leave gmsh and do the meshing with Salomé, even though IMHO gmsh does a better job especially in 3D meshing – in Salomé, only netgen is available as 3D algorithm in the free version.
BTW there seems to be a macro permitting to use gmsh in Salomé, see this post at the Salomé forum: http://salome-platform.org/forum/forum_12/953948027#494327180
I haven’t tested it, though.
To export a geometry from Salomé to gmsh, I have sometimes had success using brep format.

Matthias