[Gmsh] GMSH failure in meshing - Unable to recover mesh, etc.

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sat May 13 13:29:10 CEST 2017

Hi Franz,

I can indeed reproduce the issue on Windows (the Mac and Linux versions work fine). We have seen problems like this (accuracy problems leading to meshing failure with large element size gradients) for a while on Windows, but have not yet found a fix. They might be related to the behavior of the robust geometrical predicates, but we haven't been able to pinpoint the issue.

Christophe