[Gmsh] High Order Mesh

Brian Chubb brian.chubb at cfdrc.com
Mon May 22 20:18:56 CEST 2017

To whom it may concern,

I have a question in relation to higher order mesh generation. When I change the mesh from order 1 to 2, it seems to refine the mesh instead of make it an actual, second order curved mesh. Attached below are examples of what I am having problems with. The first screenshot shows the mesh in first order, second screenshot shows second order. Instead of curving the mesh around the model for second order, it splits it into two linear elements.

Can you tell me how I get curved mesh, instead of smaller linear increments?

Thanks,

Brian Chubb

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2D2FD.F671D5E0]
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D2D2FD.F671D5E0]