[Gmsh] Interpreting Element data in the post-processing format

Snigdha Dagar snigdha.dagar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 01:02:49 CEST 2017

Dear all,

As part of my master's thesis, I am trying to simulate the effects of tDCS
on neuronal populations. To get the electric field density distribution on
the head mesh model, I am using the simNIBS software, which uses getdp. The
post-processing gmsh file that is generated has only the element data. I
would ideally want the nodal data (ie the density value at each node on the
surface). I am not sure how I should interpret the element data (take the
mean of the three values and then assume the centroid of the surface
triangle as a node corresponding to this value?). Any clarification on this
would be very helpful.

I want the nodal data so that I can then use this as an input to my large
scale brain model (which I am simulating using The Virtual Brain) and be
able to simulate EEG activity generated after a certain tDCS protocol.

Best Regards,
Snigdha