[Gmsh] - problem with Opencascade

Alessandro Vicini alessandro.vicini at sitael.com
Thu Jun 15 14:44:53 CEST 2017

Please consider the attached .geo file: there is an external boundary surface, and an internal cylinder generated using the OpenCascade primitive. After its generation, the cylinder volume and base surfaces are deleted (the remaining surface should then be embedded in the outer volume). At this point, if I try to generate the volume enclosed by the exterior boundary, I get an error (“unknown OpenCascade face…”).

On the other hand, I can FIRST generate the outer volume, and then the internal cylinder. In this case, however, when I try to embed the cylinder surface I am not allowed to select the volume… what is the problem (in both cases)? I am using v3.0.1. Thank you.

Alessandro