[Gmsh] Connectivity matrix error for high order mesh generation

Zhaokuan Lu lzhaok6 at vt.edu
Tue Jun 20 19:08:16 CEST 2017

Dear Gmsh developers,

I recently found a problem in high order mesh generation. To show the
problem, I modeled a cubic domain and meshed it into 8 elements. If the
mesh order is less than 5, everything is ok. However, if higher than 5th
order mesh is generated, the connectivity matrix does not include all the
nodes in the element. In fact, some nodes are repeated in each element.

I've attached the .geo file and the .msh file (6th order element). The node
numbering repetition could be found in every element such as the node
"1935" in the last element in the .msh file.

Does anybody know why this happens? Many thanks!

Best,

Lu