[Gmsh] gmsh of a closed surface

DILASSER Guillaume Guillaume.DILASSER at cea.fr
Mon Jun 26 10:18:04 CEST 2017

Hi Orlando,

I invite you to take a look at tutorial t13.geo in Gmsh documentation here<http://gmsh.info/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#t13_002egeo>. If I understand your issue correctly, copy-pasting that tutorial should be almost everything you need to do. Simply change the initial mesh to merge for an STL export of your surface. You also have to change the value assigned to Field[1].F for the characteristic length you want your mesh to have. Eventually, if you want second order tetrahedrons, you will need add somewhere in the script file the command : Mesh.ElementOrder = 2 ;.

Let me know if it worked or if you have other questions,

Guillaume DILASSER
Doctorant DACM / LEAS
CEA - Centre de Saclay - Bât.123 - PC 319c
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex - France -

guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr<mailto:guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr>