[Gmsh] Non-conformal cubic (structured) mesh

Pandey, Siddhant spandey2 at wpi.edu
Tue Jun 27 18:04:11 CEST 2017

Hello,

I am trying to mesh a cube inside a cube structure, with a structured mesh. MY only requirement is that the mesh density inside the smaller cube be greater than the density in the region between the two cubes. Unfortunately, gmsh meshes the two regions with a non-conformal mesh, so that I end up having mid face nodes. Essentially, gmsh is not patching the vertices of the elements from the two regions properly. In a 2D mesh, a similar construction works seamlessly.

I have attached the .geo file. All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sidd