[Gmsh] mesh refinement according to orography slope

Tumolo Giovanni gtumolo at ictp.it
Tue Jul 4 17:11:39 CEST 2017

Dear all,

we are planning to use gmsh to generate a mesh for a Euler equations
solver for atmospheric applications.

With this target in mind we are looking for a method to refine the mesh
according to orography's slope.

We saw that for such problems usually the function MathEval is used, but
in our case no analytic expression is available for the orography
description.

Is it possible in gmsh to define the local density of the mesh as a
pointwise defined function? Or could you please suggest us some
alternative solution for refining the mesh using only pointwise
information about mesh size.

Many thanks in advance,

Giovanni and Stella

--